Posts Tagged ‘Pictures’
HUGE thanks to everyone that came out to the ‘Wild Beats’ show at Chop Suey Friday night. It was so much fun and so really weird all at once. I was both thrilled and shocked to not just see so many people out for essentially a breakcore show, but to see so many people get into the theme and the ridiculousness of it all. Lots of different scenes coming together for that one. Also, a lot of friends/fam kicked down their time and energy to make it happen.
Click any of the pictures below to see more. Thanks Dave Matthews!
The Shameless Army thanks everyone who came to our Disko Casse showcase last Saturday during the Decibel Festival. It was a ridiculously fun and inspiring event – look for related stories on the blog this week!
In the meantime check out the pics from our party. Thanks Dave Matthews! (Click on any of them below to view more).
Some might lovingly refer to Glampfest 2009 as “Lampfest” this year because of the no fire rule that was in effect. Others might remember it as “Bugfest” because of the inordinate amount the flies that were bugging us during the day (we’re guessing that had to do with the extra hot summer we’re having). Either way, it was another epic, fun filled weekend with our friends. Click any of the images below to see more from Dave Matthews’ incredible collection of photos.
This line-up is unreal. Artists from Miami, London, Montreal, Berlin and of course Seattle. Both rooms are representing a slew of headliners. Get there before 10pm for a discount at the door.
Since our last post was almost a month ago it might take a moment to recap…
- Shameless teamed up with Decibel to throw back to back afterparties. The first one at the Clubhouse was only for the hardcore since it took place nye eve (aka the 30th). Kilowatts was our special surprise guest and locals Adlib (P.O.E.), Andrew Luck & Nordic Soul all tore it up. As you can see below our photograper Dave Matthews was having fun with double exposure. Click on the picture to see more!
- The second afterparty for nye almost never happened. At 4:15pm on nye, Shameless HQ got the call from the venue renter who sadly reported that his space wasn’t not an option anoymore. Since we were all still waking up from the night before, we sat around asking ourselves what we should do. Here’s the dilemma… both John Tejada and Alex Smoke are in town and want to play our afterparty. So we decided to shoot a text message out into the dark and our good friend offered to open up his loft space for our party. About six hours later after lugging speakers across the city, we’re cracking open a beer and toasting the new year with our friends while Tejada lays down an incredibly deep and beautiful set until 3:30am when Smoke takes over. An amazing night rose from the ashes of a party that got canceled last minute. With humilty and thankfulness for the strength of the local electronic music community, we here at Shameless considered our good fortunes as 2009 got underway.
- On January 16th, Broken Disco returned with a vengence… Chop Suey installed a new sound system that helped stepped things up in the main room and we brought in a KV2 system for the Make Out Lounge. Yes we are sound snobs. Get over it! It seemed Frivolous and the Martin Brothers appreciated it too. Everyone that played stepped up their game. Thanks to everyone that came out!! WE *HEART* BROKEN DISCO! Check out the pictures by clicking below…
- Speaking of pictures, Sparks Fountain (aka Recess & Kadeejah Streets getting ridiculous behind the decks) made another appearance recently at Produkt’s monthly event entitled Analog. Armed with about 15 mexican wrestling masks, a fog machine and a slew filthy bass jams they proceeded to pack the dancefloor while their tongues were painted orange from the frothy beverage (RIP Sparks). More pictures below…
- Lastly… make sure you mark Feb 2oth on your calanders. Broken Disco is coming again!!
Want to keep up on what Shameless is doing? Check out the full calendar on via myspace…
So we had Levi Clark’s ‘Dunk the Hipster’ tank outside, Shameless warriors returning to the Rebar, Naha Army joining the campaign and a bad ass DJ/Producer (aka AC Slater!) flying in from Brooklyn to bass the place out. Yet it was August and in Seattle August usually means it’s time for BBQs, camping, trips to the ocean or preparation for a week in Nevada’s desert. For most club promoters August is a death trap. It’s the one month out of the year that even big name headliners sometimes have a hard time pulling the heads out. Yet on 08-08-08 Seattle represented BIG by catching onto the unpretentious spirit of Balls Out! and helped make our first in a series of monthly events one to remember.
As always there are a ton of people to thank. Rev. Killjoy who represents both Shameless and a new start up silk screen printing company called Beach Balls of Death (BBoD) brought it on many levels with his original drawings that combined mad ball imagery on post apopcalyptic hipster bodies. Be sure to look out for BBoD in the near future! Kinoko (Fourthcity), Eli and Marianne introduced a new level of live art to the party scene by deftly creating portraits on the fly while the beat pounded on the dance floor. Menami, Anton Bomb and friends always help make everyone feel welcome and once again proved themselves as some of the best party hosts in town. Seanny, Cara, Luying, and Eric all looked fabulous while holding down door duties. Thanks to Luvshack for getting the extra Shameless sound there and back. It sounded sooooo good in there! Swank surprised us by showing up and immediately pitched in to help out in any way that he could. We also have to give a shout to the Rebar staff for being so supportive. Not only did they let us keep the party going past 2am, but when we showed up early in the night one of the bartenders had made Mad Ball t-shirts for all of the staff. Also, much love goes out to Will and Devin for revealing their inner hipster and taking one (or two or three…) for the team!
08.08.08 – Balls Out w/ AC Slater from OK Party on Vimeo.
In terms of the amount of time and effort so many different people poured into this event, it was incredible. We are so grateful to everyone that came that decided to be a participant rather than just a spectator. That’s what this party is all about. There are a ton of people to thank and you all know who you are. Passions and Star Eyes killed it. So did the locals! Much love to the Seattle peeps holding this thing down. You rock!
Once again, Dave Matthews, you rock. Thanks for the pictures! If anyone has video or pics we’ll love to have them. email@example.com
Fucking kicked our asses. So much ridiculous fun. A ton of stories and wonderful memories came from this night. Thanks to everyone that made it out. Click the pictures to view more.
Now it’s time for CLAUDE VON STROKE @ CHOP SUEY! Alex Under had to cancel his tour last minute. But Broken Disco has you covered. Claude Von Stroke is flying in to make his BD debut. We’ll get Alex out here soon when he’s feeling better. In the meantime, Sept 14th…TIME TO BREAK YER DISCO!